ESI is proud to have individuals who are transitioning from military service and international students seeking a career in the beauty & spa industry.
Military Benefits At ESI
The Elaine Sterling Institute is approved for Veterans’ Educational Benefits. If you are a present or former member of the military or a military spouse, we can help you take advantage of the federal educational benefits offered by the G.I. Bill.
Please email firstname.lastname@example.org for more information or visit the US Department of Veterans Affairs to learn more about Military Benefits.
ESI is an M-1 Visa school only. To acquire the M-1 status, please follow the required steps:
- Fill out our M-1 admissions form and email it to email@example.com along with a copy of your passport
- An enrollment agreement and financial aid information will be sent to you while we process your M-1 registration form. This agreement includes paying the required registration fee and tuition.
- Tuition is either paid in full before classes start or in two payments. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
- Once approved by our Admissions Department, you will receive an I-20 form to your international mailing address (Country of Citizenship). The I-20 form must be approved by the student’s local embassy in your country of citizenship for issuing of the M-1 status visa.
- Once processed, the student must pay the I-901 visa fee BEFORE entering the U.S. The I-901 visa payment is processed here: https://www.fmjfee.com
- Important: An M-1 student may arrive in the U.S. no earlier than 30 days before the program start date listed on their I-20 form and in their SEVIS record. For additional information on SEVIS/I-20 program and session dates, please see this discussion on our website.
More To Know
The Form I-20 is an important document that you should keep safe, as you will need it throughout the international student life cycle.
All M-1 students who study in the United States need a Form I-20, “Certificate of Eligibility for Nonimmigrant Student Status.”
In order to pay the I-901 SEVIS fee, all prospective M-1 students will need to provide their:
Name, address, date of birth and email address.
Country of birth and country of citizenship.
School Code as listed on the Form I-20 “Certificate of Eligibility for Nonimmigrant Student Status.”
SEVIS Identification Number as listed on the Form I-20.
M-1 Student Visas can be issued up to 120 days in advance of your course of study start date. Your type of student visa must match the type of Form I-20 you have (e.g. M-1). You are expected to have the original Form I-20 at your visa interview.