The esthetic industry is as diverse a field as it is rewarding. Once you become a licensed esthetician, you have the ability to pursue many different career opportunities that suit your particular interests. Thinking about becoming makeup artist that uses cosmetics to create special effects on movie sets? Or perhaps you want to focus on hair removal and become to go-to authority on waxing and other forms of epilation. At the Elaine Sterling Institute, the possibilities for success are endless.
ESI students regularly visit businesses in the industry for field trips as part of the curriculum. Past locations include European Wax Center, Natural Body Spa and Institut’ DERMed. Students are able to learn practical knowledge and skills from guest speakers who frequent the school. These industry experts come from a variety of different specialties and backgrounds and include plastic surgeons, celebrity makeup artists, and spa business owners. One example includes renowned Make-Up and Special Effects Artist Travis Pates, who has worked on blockbusters like the Hunger Games series. (Travis is pictured here with our Founder, Admissions Director and a student).
We believe that field trips and instruction from guest speakers inspire provides students with unique learning opportunities and inspiration in selecting their career path. At ESI, our ultimate goal is to create the next generation of industry innovators.
Enhance your looks and boost your confidence with these makeup tips and tricks.
- Adding bronzer above blush creates 3d dimension for the cheeks.
2. Never pump mascara! Twirl inside tube to prevent mascara from drying.
3. Clean brushes using antibacterial soap with water.
4. For small eyes add a light shadow in the inner corner to open the eyes.
5. For thin lips, lightly use a lip pencil outside the lip line, and then fill in lip with lipstick to make the lips appearance fuller.
Written by our own Whittley Parks
- Once you see that all your makeup has been removed, you can begin your makeup application.